- Academic Certificates
- Agreements & Partnerships
- Attendance & Participation Rosters
- Buckeye Link
- Calendar (Academic)
- Classroom Scheduling
- Course & Class Information
- Degree Audits
- Degree Verifications
- Enrollment Verifications
- Exam Scoring
- Final Exams Schedule
- Forms (staff only)
- Graduation Application
- Ohio Residency for Tuition
- Pathway Agreements
- Preferred Name
- Prior Learning Assessment
- Student Data
- Student Evaluation of Instruction
- Syllabus Upload for Faculty
- Transcript Ordering
- Transfer Credit
- Tuition and Fees
- Waitlist at Ohio State
Step 2: Understand the Residency Guidelines & Classifications
To receive the state of Ohio subsidy for tuition purposes, you must show that you meet the qualifications set by the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) in the Ohio Administrative Code, Chapter 3333-1-10 and Ohio Revised Code, Chapter 3333.31. You must also be eligible to remain in the United States on a permanent basis. Learn about Eligible Visa and Immigration Statuses.These guidelines are outlined in the various classifications below.
To be eligible for Ohio Residency for Tuition Purposes you must qualify for one of the classifications listed below.
It is the student’s responsibility to provide clear and convincing proof that they meet the guidelines by completing the Online Residency Form and providing the supporting documentation requested. Review the Frequently Asked Questions in Step 3 before applying.
Please note, an application will not be eligible for review and processing until ALL the following conditions are met:Once complete, applications are reviewed in the order they are received.
- student is enrolled
- all requested documents have been received by the applicable deadline
- The Selective Service registration requirement has been satisfied
Since every application is unique based on individual circumstances, the documentation required will vary. Prior to applying, gather all pertinent documentation to support the information reported on your application. Students are encouraged to supply additional documentation that may clarify their personal or financial situation.
- Uploaded documents are not immediately recorded as “received” in the Requested Documents list.
- Please upload documents individually.
- Do not upload a document more than once unless requested to do so.
- Uploading multiple copies of documents will delay processing.
- Please ensure that all required documents reflect receipt by the application deadline.
Please see the Documents Requested for Ohio Residency for Tuition Purposes (PDF) for detailed information regarding the documentation requirements for each classification.