Transfer Credit Report
Once Ohio State has received your final, official transcript(s) and you are admitted and eligible for a transfer credit evaluation, your transfer credit will be processed within 3-5 business days through most of the year. You will receive an email when your transfer credit has been evaluated, and your transfer credit report is ready to view.
Run and understand your Transfer Credit Report
The Transfer Credit Report explains how undergraduate credits earned at other institutions transfer to Ohio State.
- Visit Buckeye Link
- In the Search Buckeye Link field, type Run a Transfer Credit Report, click enter, and select Run a Transfer Credit Report.
- At the Self Service page select Request an Audit.
- At the Request an Audit page, Run Current Programs will be selected by default. Change this to Run Selected Program and select the following options:
- School: TRN-Transfer Credit Report
- College: OSU
- Major: TRANSFER
- Degree: EVALUATION
- Program: TRANSFER CREDIT REPORT-TCR-ALPHA
- Catalog Year: CURRENT PROGRAM
- Select Run Audit to run your Transfer Credit Report. Note: An HTML version of the Transfer Credit Report will open by default. To produce a PDF version, under Options, change Format to PDF.
- You will be directed to the Completed Audit Requests page where your audit will appear shortly.
- Select View Audit to open the report.
- Choose open all sections or printer friendly to ensure you are viewing the entire report.
The Transfer Credit Report explains how undergraduate credits earned at other institutions transfer to Ohio State. Transfer coursework will receive one of the following types of credit:
- direct equivalency: course transfers as Ohio State course, no further evaluation is necessary. (ex. English 1110.01)
- general credit: course may be equivalent to an Ohio State course but needs further evaluation. Students must have their general credit coursework further evaluated by the Transfer Credit Coordinator within the appropriate academic department. (G000.xx)
- special credit: course has no direct equivalency at Ohio State but may be used toward general education requirements or elective hours. Courses older than 20 years from the current academic year are assigned special credit. Students should consult their advisor to determine if the course can be applied toward their degree. (S000.xx)
- technical credit: course is of a technical nature and has no equivalency at Ohio State but may be used toward general education requirements or elective hours. Students should consult their advisor to determine if the course can be applied toward their degree. (T000.xx)
- credit by validation: college-level coursework successfully completed at non-regionally accredited post-secondary institutions and formal learning experiences that have been identified, evaluated, and recommended by a university recognized accrediting body (e.g. National College Credit Recommendation Service (National CCRS) and/or the American Council on Education are eligible for credit by validation. Credit will not post to a student’s academic record until reviewed by the appropriate transfer credit coordinator. For additional information, please view the credit by validation instructions.
Developmental or remedial courses do not transfer.
Sample Transfer Credit Report
Earned: 6.00 Hours
|Term/Year||Ohio State Course Assignment||Transfer Hours (semesters)||Transfer Grade (+/- not included)||Transfer Course Title, Institution Abbreviation, Subject/Number|
|AU17||ENGLISH 1101.01||3.0||KA||COMPOSITION I
CSCC: ENGL 1100
|SP18||HISTORY G000.01||3.0||KB||SPECIAL TOPICS
CSCC: HIST 2294
If you have general credit on your Transfer Credit Report, you will need to request an additional evaluation by contacting the appropriate Transfer Credit Coordinator. All general credit should be evaluated in order to create an effective course schedule.
The Transfer Credit Center can answer questions about how credit transfers to Ohio State. Please contact your academic advisor for questions about how courses can fulfill degree requirements.