The detailed steps provided on the Office of the University Registrar’s website provides answers to most residency questions. Before requesting support, please review the online resources available to find answers to your questions.
- If you have been classified as a non-resident during the admissions process you will need to apply for residency reclassification using the Online Residency Form.
- Residency reclassification is for tuition purposes only and will have no impact on your application for admission.
- A reclassification application is not complete and ready for review until a student is also enrolled.
- Applications are reviewed in the order they are received.
- Applications are not guaranteed to be reviewed by the fee payment deadline.
- Students are responsible for the payment of all fees, including non-resident charges, even if a final residency determination has not been rendered by the fee payment deadline.
- Tuition and fee due dates for each semester / term can be viewed on the Academic Calendar.
- The University does offer a Tuition Option Payment Plan to assist students by dividing the tuition cost into installments. Additional information regarding this option is located on the University Bursar's Tuition Option Payment Plan webpage.
- If your residency reclassification is changed to reflect an Ohio resident tuition rate, your recalculated tuition and fees will be visible on your statement of account within 48 hours. Adjustments may be made as refunds, credits, or adjustments to financial aid.
- For additional questions concerning making a payment, please contact Buckeye Link.
- Be aware of time out of state limitations.
Please be aware, you may receive a general response containing the same information available throughout the Ohio Residency for Tuition webpages. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide a personal application status different than what is visible in your My Buckeye Link (current student) or Applicant Center (applicant to The Ohio State University).
Due to high volume, there may be extended response times. Your patience is appreciated.
For a faster response time, chat with a Residency Counselor online Tuesdays from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. EST and Thursdays from 2-4 p.m. EST.
If we are unable to address your concerns via a support request or online chat, appointments may be available, but are limited. Please contact us with Residency Appointment Request included in the description of the help request to inquire about an appointment and include a detailed explanation for the purpose of the request. Please note, appointments will be conducted via virtual conferencing methods.