- Academic Certificates
- Agreements & Partnerships
- Attendance & Participation Rosters
- Buckeye Link
- Calendar (Academic)
- Classroom Scheduling
- Course & Class Information
- Degree Audits
- Degree Verifications
- Enrollment Verifications
- Exam Scoring
- Final Exams Schedule
- Forms (staff only)
- Graduation Application
- Ohio Residency for Tuition
- Pathway Agreements
- Preferred Name
- Prior Learning Assessment
- Student Data
- Student Evaluation of Instruction
- Syllabus Upload for Faculty
- Transcript Ordering
- Transfer Credit
- Tuition and Fees
- Waitlist at Ohio State
The detailed steps provided on the Office of the University Registrar’s website provides answers to most residency questions.
Before requesting support, please review online resources available to find answers to your questions.
- If you have been classified as a non-resident during the admissions process you will need to apply for residency reclassification using the Online Residency Form.
- Residency reclassification is for tuition purposes only and will have no impact on your application for admission.
- An application is not complete and ready for review until a student is also enrolled.
- Applications are reviewed in the order they are received.
- Applications are not guaranteed to be processed by the fee payment deadline.
- Students are responsible for the payment of all fees, including non-resident charges, even if a final residency determination has not been rendered by the fee payment deadline.
- Tuition and fee due dates for each semester / term can be viewed on the Academic Calendar.
- The University does offer a Tuition Option Payment Plan to assist students by dividing the tuition cost into installments. Additional information regarding this option is located on the University Bursar's Tuition Option Payment Plan webpage.
- If your residency reclassification is changed to reflect an Ohio resident tuition rate, your recalculated tuition and fees will be visible on your statement of account within 48 hours. Adjustments may be made as refunds, credits, or adjustments to financial aid.
- For additional questions concerning making a payment, please work with BuckeyeLink.
- Be aware of time out of state limitations.
Step 4: How to Apply for Ohio Residency
To learn more about the guidelines, how to request reclassification, and speak with our counselors, register for a webinar.
Please be aware, you may receive a general response containing the same information available throughout the Ohio Residency for Tuition webpages. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide a personal application status different than what you can see in BuckeyeLink (current student) or the Applicant Center (applicant to The Ohio State University).
Due to high volume, there may be extended response times. Your patience is appreciated.
For a faster response time, chat with a Residency Counselor online Monday or Friday from 10:00a.m.-12:00p.m. EST.
If we are unable to address your concerns via a support request, webinar or online chat, appointments may be available, but are limited. Please email us with “Residency Appointment Request” as the subject to inquire about an appointment, and include a detailed explanation for the purpose of the request. Please note that due to COVID-19 safety guidelines, any appointments will be conducted via virtual conferencing methods.