Prior Learning Assessment for Transfer Credit

Option for: Current student | High school students | International students | Military and veteran students | Transfer students



Previously completed college-level course work will transfer to Ohio State if the course was taken at a regionally accredited institution, the course was non-remedial and a grade of C- above was earned. Grades of D or D+ may be accepted in specific circumstances.

College-level course work is eligible for further evaluation when it is successfully completed at post-secondary institutions holding non-regional accreditation from an association recognized by CHEA or the United States Department of Education (USDE). Formal learning experiences are eligible for further evaluation when they have been identified, evaluated, and recommended by a university recognized review service, National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS), and/or the American Council on Education (ACE). Transfer credit may be awarded based on the nature, level, content and comparability of the course to university offerings.

While courses may be awarded undergraduate credit, the appropriate degree-granting college will determine its applicability to specific degree requirements.

For detailed information about transfer credit, including the Ohio State Transfer Credit Policy, please go to the Transfer Credit site.

Visit for details about the transferability of course credit to and from Ohio State and other institutions.