Finals Exam Schedule
The University does not have a policy regarding students with multiple final exams on the same day. Upon request, accommodations may be made for students at the discretion of the instructor.
The following classes will be treated as exceptions:
- classes with Thursday or Friday as the first meeting day of the first whole week
- classes with a start time that is before 8:00am
- classes meeting online but holding an in-person exam
Your department scheduler may initiate a request to the Scheduling Office for a final exam time for these classes after all regular final exams have been scheduled.
- Spring requests may be initiated on 3/13/2024 and sent to Michael Gable, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summer requests may be initiated on 7/3/2024 and sent to Sarah Brower, email@example.com.
- Autumn requests may be initiated on 10/25/2023 and sent to Nick Painter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students should confirm examination periods for classes with each instructor before making other commitments during finals week. Instructors shall announce any approved deviation to the published final examination schedule (this document) during the first week of classes and make arrangements for students with exam conflicts created by such deviation.
Session 1 Final Examination, at the end of the session in either Autumn or Spring Semester, please consider one of the following options:
- A final exam at the regularly scheduled class time on the last day that the class would have regularly met during the Session 1 final exam days, so as to allow for at least one reading day between the last day of instruction and the exam.
- Note: Additional class time in a Session meeting pattern may make it easier to offer a final exam during a regular class meeting.
- An evening final exam on the last day that the class would have regularly met during the Session 1 final exam days, or soon thereafter, so as to allow for at least one reading day between the last day of instruction and the exam.
- Note: Room scheduling arrangements must be made in advance through the Office of the University Registrar.
Weekend classes should have their final examinations on the last class meeting date in the regularly scheduled classroom.
All summer session (Four Week, Six Week and Eight Week) exams should be held during the last class period.
Common final examinations will be given as an exception to the listed schedule when approved by department chairpersons, deans, and the Scheduling Office. An announcement that a common final exam will be given shall be made in class during the first week of classes. Departments who offer common exams must provide an alternate exam time and work to resolve conflicts generated by common examinations. Common final examinations are restricted to the evening hours of 6:00-7:45pm and 8:00-9:45pm. All requests for common finals should have college and departmental approval and be submitted in writing to the Scheduling Office.
- Deadline for submission for Spring 2024 is 11/22/2023.
- Deadline for submission for Summer 2024 is 3/22/2024.
- Deadline for submission for Autumn 2024 is 07/05/2024.
Exams may be no longer than 2 hours per faculty rule 3335-8-20-C. Exceptions require individual approval by department chairs, and any scheduling conflicts created by the extended exam must be accommodated.
Confirmation of scheduled final exams will be provided to departments during the 8th week of the semester. Please review to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Regional Campuses: the final examination schedule for OSU Lima, Mansfield, Marion, Newark, and ATI will be published separately by each campus.
Final Exam Schedule, Matrix, and Assignment List
* coming soon