Student Evaluation of Instruction (SEI) Reports
Reports are available the Tuesday after each commencement. There are three ways to access your reports.
- An email with a link to view your reports will be sent when available.
- The SEI Center in Carmen
- Access Blue
The SEI Overview Report (pdf) is a one-page summary of your class that includes a Frequency Analysis and a Score Analysis comparing your scores to the department, and to same-size classes in your college and the university.
The SEI All Overview Reports contain all of your one-page Overview Reports in a single report. Due to system limitations, there is one report for all regular/standard classes and one report for Combined classes.
These reports should be used for Promotion and Tenure dossier, section IVB.
The SEI Class Detail Report (pdf) is a multi-page report that includes information from the overview report along with additional data:
- Response rate
- Frequency analysis: All SEI questions, grouped by key elements of teaching.
- Score analysis:
- Bar graph display of your responses compared to the department, and to same size classes in your college and the university.
- Table containing the same comparisons including standard deviations.
- Enrollment Reason: A breakdown of why students enrolled in this class.
- Comments: if enabled.
Note: comments are retained for one year and will be deleted from reports at that time. Please save local copies of reports with comments if permanent access to comments is desired.
The Cumulative Report (pdf) contains responses for all classes from Summer Term 2018 and later.
This report should be used for Promotion and Tenure dossier, section IVA.
- Mean scores for each question for each class in order by term.
- Number of responses, class size, and university comparisons by class size.
For classes prior to Summer Term 2018, cumulative reports are still available in the Faculty Center. See SEI Reports for prior terms below.
Reports from spring 2018 and prior are available in the Faculty Center. This includes both the cumulative and individual class reports. Access these reports as follows:
- Go to Buckeye Link
- Click on the Faculty Center
- Use your OSU username and password to log in to the Faculty Center
- Click on the Change Term button; select the term for which you wish a report, and click Continue. Note: choose spring 2018 for a cumulative report.
- Click on the SEI Info button that appears to the left of the desired dates. Note: the icons for the Class Roster, Gradebook, Grade Roster, and SEI Info above your class list are not functional and merely serve to illustrate frequently-used buttons.
- Scroll down to the SEI Reports section, click on Generate New SEI Class Report or Generate New SEI Cumulative Report.
- Wait for the page to refresh until the report is generated.
- Once the report is generated, click on View Existing Class Report to see the SEI report. Note: reports you previously generated remain available for you to view, print or download for a two-week period. You can generate a fresh copy of the report at any time.
- Repeat steps 4-8 for each class.
Note: the cumulative report will not be updated moving forward, effective Spring 2018. You may want to save a copy of it locally, as access to this report in this format will end with the transition to Workday in 2021.
The Historical data report (pdf) contains information from summer 2009 through spring 2018. It is an alternative to the report available in the Faculty Center.
- Question 10 results for all classes
- Frequency analysis for each question for each class
- Comparison scores - the results for each question for the university and the college and/or department, if available
- Question rankings - the three highest and three lowest rated items from all SEI responses
- Enrollment reason - breakdown of what reasons students gave each semester for taking your classes
The SEI Class List report (pdf) contains the response rate and Question 10 results for all classes.
- Response rate for the unit.
- List of all classes with response rate, mean and standard deviation (SD) for Question 10.
The SEI Unit-level report with text analytics (pdf) is an overview of responses and text analytics for all classes in a unit.
- Response rate for the unit.
- Frequency Analysis for each question for the unit as a whole.
- Comparison Scores for the unit, college and university.
- Theme cloud display of student feedback for the unit.
- Comment Frequency to see how often attributes were mentioned.
- Breakdown by Question 10 to see how the attributes mentioned impact overall evaluation.
The Export report contains a link to download information for all classes in the unit.
The Comment report: Unit-level report is available only for units who receive comments for instructors. It contains a list of all comments for all classes. Note, SEI Admin is working with the vendor to update sorting functionality. Using the "find" function (CTRL F) will help locate comments for a particular class or instructor. Note: comments are retained for one year and will be deleted from reports at that time. It is recommended that units save local copies of reports with comments if permanent access to comments is desired.