- Agreements & Partnerships
- Attendance & Participation Rosters
- Buckeye Link
- Calendar (Academic)
- Classroom Scheduling
- Course & Class Information
- Degree Audits
- Degree Verifications
- Enrollment Verifications
- Exam Scoring
- Final Exams Schedule
- Forms (staff only)
- Graduation Filing
- Ohio Residency for Tuition
- Pathway Agreements
- Preferred Name
- Student Data
- Student Evaluation of Instruction
- Syllabus Search for Students
- Syllabus Upload for Faculty
- Transcript Ordering
- Transfer Credit
- Tuition and Fees
- Waitlist at Ohio State
Waitlist at Ohio State
Students can choose to be put on a waitlist if a class is full when they enroll for the term. Students on a class waitlist are slotted in "first-on, first-off" order and are not guaranteed a seat in the class. Tuition and fees associated with a waitlisted class are not assessed unless a student moves off of the waitlist and is officially enrolled in the class.
Students receive an email if they move off of the waitlist and are officially enrolled in the class. All waitlists close after the first Friday of the semester, and students remaining are removed and cannot enroll into those classes. Waitlists are not carried over into the following semester.
Important information about the waitlist:
• Students are responsible for monitoring their placement on waitlists and must check their class schedules to verify when and if a class is added.
• Once officially enrolled in a waitlisted class, a student is responsible for additional tuition and fees that may be assessed on their Statement of Account.
• Student financial aid may be adjusted depending on the number of credit hours in which a student is officially enrolled. Applicable adjustments will appear on a student's account within 1-3 days after being enrolled from a waitlist.
• Students who enroll in an alternate section of the class will not be enrolled in their preferred section from the waitlist.
• Students will not be enrolled from the waitlist if enrolling will put them over 18 credit hours.
• Students who no longer wish to be on a waitlist for the class must drop the waitlisted class from their class schedule.
• Students who are officially enrolled into a waitlisted class they no longer wish to attend must drop the waitlisted class from their class schedule.
• Students must pay attention to Important Dates for each semester.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I know if I was placed onto the waitlist?
When you register for a class that is full, a message will pop up on your screen stating that you have been waitlisted. This message also will list what position you are on the waitlist. You will also receive an email confirming that you have been placed on a waitlist.
How can I see what number I am on the waitlist?
Your position in line appears in a pop-up message when you enroll in a class that is full. You can also track your status and waitlist placement on your class schedule at buckeyelink.osu.edu.
I am trying to add another class to my schedule in case I do not get enrolled into the waitlisted class, but it won't let me. Why?
The system will not let you schedule a class that meets on the same days/times as a waitlisted class in the event you become officially enrolled into the waitlisted class.
What if I do not want to be on the waitlist anymore?
To be removed from the waitlist for a class, you must drop the class from your schedule via the Drop a Class task at buckeyelink.osu.edu. Note: Drop the class before the first Friday of the semester to ensure that any applicable tuition and fees are removed from your account.
My enrollment appointment just opened up. How can the class be full already?
Enrollment appointments open at different times based on class rank and priority scheduling. A class may fill prior to your enrollment appointment opening. Allotments of seats also may be reserved for specific majors, which may impact availability.
I got added to the class from the waitlist. Now what?
You will receive an email confirmation if you are added to a class from the waitlist. Your access to the class on Carmen will be updated within 24 hours. Check your Statement of Account for any additional tuition and fees. If you no longer want to be enrolled in the waitlisted class, you must drop it from your schedule via the Drop a Class task at buckeyelink.osu.edu.
When are tuition and fees due for the waitlisted class that I just got enrolled in?
Contact Buckeye Link once you get added into the class to get clarification on when your tuition and fees are due.
Do waitlisted classes count towards my full-time enrollment status and financial aid eligibility?
No. Waitlisted classes only count once you are officially enrolled in the class.
If you have questions, students should work with their academic advisor first. Students with My Buckeye Link account-related questions can contact Buckeye Link.