- Agreements & Partnerships
- Attendance & Participation Rosters
- Buckeye Link
- Calendar (Academic)
- Classroom Scheduling
- Course & Class Information
- Degree Audits
- Degree Verifications
- Enrollment Verifications
- Exam Scoring
- Final Exams Schedule
- Forms (staff only)
- Graduation Filing
- Ohio Residency for Tuition
- Pathway Agreements
- Preferred Name
- Prior Learning Assessment
- Student Data
- Student Evaluation of Instruction
- Syllabus Search for Students
- Syllabus Upload for Faculty
- Transcript Ordering
- Transfer Credit
- Tuition and Fees
- Waitlist at Ohio State
Summer term provides opportunities for Ohio State students to make progress toward their degrees and to take advantage of academic courses offered in four-, six-, eight- and 12-week modes.
For summer term 2021:
- Courses will be offered in-person, online (“distance learning”) and through blended (“hybrid” or “distance enhanced”) instructional modes. Students must follow all safety protocols, including requirements for facemasks, physical distancing and COVID-19 testing, listed on the university’s Safe and Healthy Buckeyes website.
- Summer term tuition is discounted 25% for Columbus campus undergraduates. This tuition discount applies to the instructional fee and general fee for all Columbus campus undergraduates and to the non-resident surcharge for Columbus campus students who are taking courses in-person, hybrid or distance enhanced modes. The discount does not apply to any other fee and does not apply to rates for regional campus students. See the fee schedules for summer term 2021 for more information.
To figure out which summer classes might be right for you, contact your academic advisor. Your advisor can help you in crafting the right academic plan to help you realize your dreams. Learn about academic advising at Ohio State.Explore Summer Term Options
To register for Summer 2021:
- Review Registration & Fees at a Glance, for registration and fee information.
- Confirm your enrollment appointment, by viewing Summer Term 2021 Important Dates.
- Search the Course Catalog
- Add a Class.
Dates and Deadlines
Having multiple sessions of different lengths provides students at Ohio State the unique opportunity to adjust their schedule to their needs. View the Summer Term 2021 Important Dates for dates and deadlines. For a more comprehensive listing of dates, review the academic calendar.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the add / drop / refund dates?
Important dates for summer term (and sessions) can be reviewed here, which includes add / drop / refund dates, among other important term or session dates.
- If I still have an outstanding debt for spring semester 2021, what does that mean for my enrollment for summer term 2021?
Refer to the Outstanding Debt and Enrollment penalty for students who have an outstanding debt from spring semester 2021 and are enrolled in classes for summer term 2021.
- If restrictions are lifted on campus, can I go to the RPAC?
The Office of Student Life is adhering to all university and state guidelines related to social distancing and the recreational facilities on campus. If it is determined that Ohio State campuses reopen while summer term is underway, information for students on using the recreational facilities will be provided by the Office of Student Life.
- How do I obtain a COTA pass if that fee is waived for summer term 2020?
For those that may be on campus and wish to utilize COTA, there is an option for them to go to the COTA offices downtown and buy a pass for the summer.
- When can I enroll in Tuition Option Payment Plan (TOPP)?
- When will I get my financial aid refund?
Federal regulations state that Title IV federal financial aid funds cannot be disbursed to you until ten days prior to the start of classes each term, but must be disbursed by the seventh day of the term to allow time for students to obtain their books and supplies. Ohio State's policy is to disburse financial aid approximately 7-10 days prior to the start of the term. For additional questions about your refund, contact Buckeye Link.
For advising and registration related questions, contact Academic Advisisng.
For My Buckeye Link account related questions, contact Buckeye Link.
For financial aid related questions, contact Buckeye Link.