- Academic Certificates
- Agreements & Partnerships
- Attendance & Participation Rosters
- Buckeye Link
- Calendar (Academic)
- Classroom Scheduling
- Course & Class Information
- Degree Audits
- Degree Verifications
- Enrollment Verifications
- Exam Scoring
- Final Exams Schedule
- Forms (staff only)
- Graduation Application
- Ohio Residency for Tuition
- Pathway Agreements
- Preferred Name
- Prior Learning Assessment
- Student Data
- Student Evaluation of Instruction
- Syllabus Search for Students
- Syllabus Upload for Faculty
- Transcript Ordering
- Transfer Credit
- Tuition and Fees
- Waitlist at Ohio State
Exam Scoring Services
The Testing Center provides classroom exam scoring analyses of multiple-choice exams. We have improved our procedure. You can now:
- Register your exam before you come to the Testing Center - no more paper forms to fill out.
- Get in and out of the Testing Center faster - no more waiting for your information to be entered.
- See results as soon as they are scanned.
General Office Information
COVID-19 UPDATE: Our office is temporarily closed to in-person traffic, and cannot receive or scan exams/surveys at this time. If you have questions, please contact 614-292-2241 or email email@example.com.
Drop-off and Pick-Up Locations:
585 Student Academic Services Building
281 W Lane Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
Hours: 8:00AM - 5:00PM, Monday through Friday
Phone: (614) 292-2241
Things to know
Once you (and your billing information) are set up in our system, just follow these three easy steps:
1. Go to our new Exam Scanning site.
2. Fill in the information.
3. Print your form and bring it along with your exams. No printer? No problem - use our new kiosk to print your form.
- First Drop-Off of the Semester:
1. Be sure your department's fiscal officer has submitted an approved eRequest for this semester's charges for exam scoring.
2. Complete a Customer Profile on the Exam Scanning website.
- Scoring Keys:
You must provide a scoring key with your exams. A scoring key is the answer sheet containing the correct answers. There can only be one scoring key per batch. If you wish to use the same scoring key for more than one batch, write "use key to score all batches" in the "Special Requests" field of the Exam Scoring Request form.
See a sample scoring key.
- Exam Scoring Report Options:
View our example reports:
- Group 1 Results. View the definition of this report to better understand your data.
- Group 2 Results. View the definition of this report to better understand your data.
- .CSV file: Upon request, we will generate a comma delimited file to go with your selection of either Group 1 or Group 2 results. This file can be used with Microsoft Excel for your own analysis.
Reports will be uploaded to your SharePoint folder. See our Frequently Asked questions below for additional information about reporting options.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does it take to receive my exam results?
The turn-around time for exam results once they have been dropped off is one full business day.
- I am a new customer. How do I set-up an account?
Prior to using our service, you need to do two things. First, set-up a Customer Profile on our Exam Scanning site. Second, work with your department's fiscal office to submit an eRequest in order for us to charge your department for our services.
- How do I package my exams?
You should have:
- A set of student answer sheets all facing the same direction.
- A scoring key (example key). If the scoring key is to be used for multiple batches, you must indicate this in the "Special Requests" section of the Exam Scoring Request form.
- The request form you generated for the exam.
- What is a batch?
- A batch is any set of exams you would like scored as a single set, regardless of the number of answer sheets.
- A batch can only have one scoring key.
- A batch yields one score report, although you may select multiple reporting options on the Exam Scoring Request form.
- How do I create a scoring key?
If you wish to use the same scoring key for more than one batch, write "use key to score all batches" in the "Special Requests" field of the Exam Scoring Request form.
To create a scoring key, keep these tips in mind (or see this sample scoring key):
- Use a #2 pencil to complete the scoring key. Make clean erasures if needed, and do not stray out of the designated marking areas with your pencil.
- Bubble the first three columns of the NAME field with the letters K, E, and Y. You may print (and bubble) other descriptors in the other columns of this field, but the first three columns must be bubbled as "KEY."
- In columns H, I, and J of the IDENTIFICATION NUMBER field, bubble the number of test items as a 3-digit number. Use leading zeros as needed. For example, if your exam has 9 questions to be scored, you would bubble a "zero" in column H, a "zero" in column I, and a "nine" in column J.
- Bubble the correct response for each question. If more than one response applies, bubble in each additional response. Please indicate which question(s) have multiple correct answers on the Exam Scoring Request form in the "Special Requests" field. If credit is to be given for any response, please bubble in all responses for that specific answer.
- What type of reports can I receive?
You may select any combination of the following reporting options:
- Group 1: Report includes basic student results with statistical information about overall performance.
- Group 2: Report includes all information in Group 1, with the addition of more advanced item analysis and individual sheets showing each student their responses compared to the correct answers. These are formatted so that they can be printed by you and handed to the student for review.
- .CSV file: Upon request, we will generate a comma delimited file to go with your selection of either Group 1 or Group 2 results. This file can be opened in Microsoft Excel for your own analysis.
Note: requesting both Group 1 and Group 2 reporting options will result in being charged twice per batch.
- Where do I purchase the NCS Pearson answer sheets?
- Form 4521 is currently available in eStores, listed as OSU Stores item number 53793. Work with your department to purchase via eRequest.
- Form 4887 is currently unavailable in eStores. Please work with your department to purchase them via an alternative method, such as Scantron.
Work with your department's fiscal office for assistance in finding an alternative vendor to order forms from.
- How do I get my exam results?
Exam results are available for you via SharePoint. Our office will create a SharePoint folder for you. You will receive an email notifying you when results are available in your folder.
Note: your SharePoint folder will be deleted during the 1st week of the following semester. We strongly recommend that you save your results locally as soon as they are available to prevent losing any data.
- How can I download multiple files at one time from my SharePoint folder?
Using Internet Explorer (IE) as your web browser, you can download multiple files at one time. To do so, follow these steps:
- Log in to your SharePoint folder.
- At the top, click on the "Library" tab under "Library Tools."
- Under "Connect & Export," click on "Open with Explorer" to automatically download all of the files within your SharePoint folder. Doing this will open a "Windows Explorer" window on your PC.
- You should now be able to click and drag the files you want to save to your desktop.
- How are my exams returned to me?
You can pick up scored exams as soon as your results appear in your SharePoint folder. Photo identification and a signature are required for anyone picking up exams.
If exams are not picked up within two weeks, they will be securely shredded.
- What is the billing process for your services?
Each batch costs $10.00 to be scored. Your department will be billed at the end of each semester based on the eRequest(s) that were received at the start of the semester. At that time, our office will work with your department's fiscal office to initiate fund transfers.
- Do you offer survey services?
Yes we do. Our survey scanning service is offered on an as-requested basis. Additional information for our survey scanning services can be found here.