University Registrar

Ohio Residency for Tuition Purposes

Immigration Status: Eligible and Non-Eligible Visa Types


Eligible Visa Types to Apply for Ohio Residency for Tuition Purposes

Non-Eligible Visa Types to Apply for Ohio Residency for Tuition Purposes

Permanent Resident Alien

B; B-1, B-2, BW

Political Asylee

F; F-1, F-2*

Political Refugee

J; J-1, J-2*

A; A-1, A-2, A-3

K; K-1, K-2*, K-3, K-4*

E; E-1, E-2, E-3

M; M-1, M-2*

G; G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, G-5


H; H1-B, H1-C, H2-A, H2-B, H-3, H-4*




L; L-1A, L-1B, L-2*


O; O-1, O-2, O-3*


P; P-1, P-2, P-3, P-4*


R; R-1, R-2*








U; U-1, U-2, U-3*, U-4


V; V-1, V-2*, V-3*


*This indicates a dependent visa status

To be eligible, the immigration documentation that you provide must be current.

A dependent student must also hold an eligible visa status. If a student currently holds an ineligible visa but has paid to adjust his or her visa status through the Department of Homeland Security, and once processed will have an eligible visa status, he or she will need to submit the receipt of an eligible visa type prior to submitting the Online Residency Form.

If you have received approval for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status, you may be eligible to apply for Ohio residency for tuition purposes. Please visit here for more information regarding this process.

Submit documents to:


Fax: (614) 292-7199


In Person:

Student Academic Services Building, Lobby

281 W. Lane Ave

Columbus, OH 43210


Additional Residency Links

Overview | Guidelines | Online Residency Form | Selective Service Registration | Common Questions | Contact Us