Exam Scoring FAQs
- Buckeye Link
- Calendar (Academic)
- Classroom Scheduling
- Course & Class Information
- Degree Audits
- Degree Verifications
- Enrollment Verifications
- Exam Scoring
- Final Exams Schedule
- Forms (staff only)
- Ohio Residency for Tuition
- Student Data
- Student Evaluation of Instruction
- Transcript Ordering
- Transfer Credit
- Tuition and Fees
I am a new customer, how do I set up an account?
Complete a Customer Profile Form and submit it to our office.
How much do you charge to scan a batch of exams?
$10.00 per batch.
How are we billed for scanning services?
Departments are billed quarterly based on the information provided in your customer profile.
How do I package my exams?
You should have:
- A set of student answer sheets.
- A complete Exam Scoring Request Form.
- A scoring key (PDF), marked with the identifier letter to be used to score the student answer sheets. If the same scoring key is to be used for multiple batches, you must indicate this in the Special Requests section of the Exam Scoring Request form.
- A container for all these papers: a manila folder (preferred), envelope, or box (for large batches).
What is a Batch?
- A batch is any set of exams you'd like scored as a single set, regardless of the number of answer sheets.
- A batch must be submitted with a single scoring key.
- A batch yields one scoring repot, although you may select multiple reporting forms.
What is a key?
- A key is the answer sheet completed by the instructor with the correct answers.
- This is used to score the exams.
- There can be only one key per batch.
How do I create a key?
If you wish to use the same key for more than one section or one exam, write "Use key to score all batches" in the Special Requests field of the Exam Scoring Request form.
- Use a #2 pencil to complete your scoring key. Make clean erasures when needed, and do not stray out of the designated marking areas with your pencil.
- Bubble the first three columns of the NAME field with the letters K, E, and Y. You may print (and bubble) other descriptors in this field, but the first three columns must be bubbled as KEY.
- In columns H, I, and J of the IDENTIFICATION NUMBER field, bubble the number of test items as a 3-digit number. Use leading zeros as needed. For example, if your exam comprises 9 items, you would bubble a 0 in column H, a 0 in column I, and a 9 in column J.
- Bubble the correct response for each item. Only one correct response per item is allowed. If more than one correct response exists, only two options are available:
- If you wish to have ALL students earn credit for the item, bubble ALL possible responses for that item on the scoring key.
- If you wish to have NO student earn credit for the item, bubble NO response for that item on the scoring key (i.e., leave it blank).
- The item analyses appearing in your scoring reports are inaccurate for these "ALL" or "none" items.
What type of reports may I choose?
Reporting Options: Select any combination of the following reporting options.
- Group 1: Report includes basic student results with statistical information about overall performance.
- Group 2: Report includes all information in Group 1 with the addition of more advanced item analysis and individual sheets showing each student their responses compared to the correct answers. These are in a format that they can be printed and given to students.
- Upon request, we will also generate a comma delimited file to go with your selection of either group.
Where do I purchase the NCS Pearson answer sheets?
How are my exams returned to me?
Scored exams are ready to be picked up as soon as you receive the emailed reports.
- You may send someone else to pick up your exams.
- Photo identification and a signature are required of everyone picking up scored exams.
- If you have not picked up your exams within 2 weeks of their submissions, we will campus mail them to you.